Hypersomnia, difficulty falling asleep at night, snoring, irregular breathing patterns, general lack of energy, emotional and behavioral abnormalities, and difficulties concentrating are some frequent signs of sleep problems.
Common sleep breathing disorders include:
- Having Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Sleep Apnea in Kids
- Sleep Apnea in Infants
- Groaning during sleep
Healthy sleep is vital for overall health, safety, and daily functionality. Just like air and food, your body requires sleep. It plays a pivotal role in allowing your body to repair itself and maintain chemical balances. Inadequate sleep can significantly impact both your body and mind, causing a range of negative health consequences. Sleep deprivation can lead to various problems, such as:
- Issues within the central nervous and immune systems
- Challenges in the respiratory and digestive systems
- Disruptions in the production of hormone
- Weight gain
- Impairment in short- and long-term memory
- Inability to concentrate
- Drowsiness during the day and sleeping too much
- Mood alterations, anxiety, and depression
- Elevated blood pressure
- Elevated risk of heart disease and diabetes
- Reduced balance and coordination
If you suspect that you or a loved one are experiencing a sleep breathing disorder, we strongly encourage you to reach out to our office and schedule an appointment with our dentist. Our commitment is to assist you in maintaining good health and enhancing your overall quality of life.
In addition to providing smile makeovers to residents of Sterling and the surrounding areas, we also provide the following airway dentistry services in Sterling: sleep apnea treatment, Vivos System®, laser therapy, and children airway development.